When I first heard about it, I thought “Oh … that’s cool … no way there’ll be any around where I live.” The town I live near has a population of 297. I live on a farm. In the middle of the forest.
LO AND BEHOLD: There was a cache not five minutes away from where I live. There are another four in town and along the backroads nearby. There seem to be four teams active within a fifteen minute radius of me. Not bad, not bad.
- It’s blackfly season. I picked a cache in the middle of a swamp. Ugh …
- Moccasins are not appropriate footwear for hunting caches. Sneakers next time! Or maybe rubber boots, if it’s another near a river or swamp.
- I need a totally awesome teamname. This is VITAL.
- This isn’t something I want to do alone - time to call in the best friend and drag her around the forest. The Boyfriend is in on it too, but he’s about a thousand kilometres away for the next couple of months working. BLAST.
- My dog thinks that this is the best thing ever too. She’s already caked in mud. Excellent.
- I need to do a kit like Syp. Bug spray may make or break this for me.
- The Geocaching app is 10 dollars. This is a bit steep but … I’ll actually use it. And then a Premium subscription on top of that? Grrrr, how does this work …
- Yup, just bought the app.
- There’s twigs in my hair that I didn’t notice until just now.
Now then, if you’ll excuse me … I’ve got an hour to drive to scoop my friend and better shoes to find.