I tend to run around on WoW faffing my little heart out. I don’t do it without goals, though. I have handwritten lists of things I’d like to do on WoW during my time. Here’s a brief rundown of what I’m currently working on:
Viya – Protection Pally
- At level 68 Viya still doesn’t fly. She doesn’t have a gathering profession and only levels through the Dungeon Finder, so flight isn’t a huge priority at this point.
- Snowshoe Bunny is still her partner in crime.
- Thanks to the help of guildies (and their gifts of Abyss Crystals) and the Boyfriend, Viya’s Enchanting is maxed for her level at 450! This means she’s into Cata mats!
- My goal for Viya is to eventually ding 85. I’m not in any rush – surprise, surprise! – and am not really afraid of burning out while playing her.
Jonze – Holy Priest
- Currently kicking around Outland in an attempt to grind Skyguard rep!
- Achievement Points. Currently sitting at 5790. I’m hoping to someday hit 10,000!
- Prim has the dubious honour of running the Mount Circuit of Sadness and Hopelessness:
1. She starts each day outside Shattrath to check on the fishing daily. If it’s Crocolisks in the City, she takes the quest and continues to
2. Sethekk Halls. After smashing the Raven Lord’s face in and getting a belt or something, she heads back to Shattrath and takes the portal to
3. Isle of Quel’Danas. Here she sneaks around the Magister’s Terrace for a shot at a Swift White Hawkstrider.
- Once a week she also kills the first boss of Kara. She has yet to win any mounts, but we soldier on.
- I also have to get back into doing the Tol Barad dailies on her so she can get her drake! Then she’ll never have to do them again!
Here’s the thing: I don’t quest. I really don’t.
The exceptions to this rule is, of course:
- When I feel like it. Geez.
- Totally awesome quests that I reallyreally want to do because people have told me I reallyreally ought to do them.
- HOLIDAY EVENT QUESTS.
The Best Quests, of course, are the quests that have you don a disguse a la Superman.
Are there any other super duper awesome disguise quests I should know about?
If Blizzard added your main as an NPC in WoW, where would they be located and what would be their function? Give us a shot illustrating the fact.
Prim the nonfuctional NPC would hang out in Loch Modan.
Now, being a
crappy player slow leveller when I first began Warcraft, I spent a lot of time here. I spent a lot of time in each zone, actually – weeks, sometimes. Loch Modan was the second zone I ever entered and I was scared out of my wits! It was raining here, my first with experience with in-game weather!
Other firsts in Loch Modan:
- First Death. And second death. And third. And fourth …
- First drowning. I didn’t play with a mouse at this point and had no idea how to swim.
- First time experienced a Cata tremor. I had no idea what was going on.
If any of my toons were an NPC, it would be Prim — in Protection, which I levelled her to 85 in. She’d be one of those NPCs that doesn’t even say anything. She’d just be here on the right side of where the dam used to be.
I levelled Prim up more than three levels on bears and Dark Iron Dwarves, I believe they were, nearby the dam. I would wait for them to respawn and kill them again. And again. And again. And it was awesome.
Playing WoW like this, slowly and without any aim or rush to ding 85, is something I really enjoyed. Wandering around and taking everything in.
This is where I’d want Prim to sit until the dam is rebuilt. I didn’t have a guild or any friends on WoW at this point. I didn’t talk to anyone. So she wouldn’t say anything either.